Recipe for Kadboli
A traditional savory snack made in Maharashtra is referred to as Kadboli or Kadaboli.
Rice, along with other lentils like black gram (urad dal) and black chickpeas, are cleaned, dried, and roasted with cumin seeds and coriander seeds; after grinding them, they are mixed with wheat flour; this forms the base for making kadboli. It is later seasoned with carom seeds, sesame seeds, chili powder, asafetida, and salt.
- Add carom seeds, sesame seeds, chili powder, asafetida along with salt and oil into hot water.
- Turn off the flame after the water boils; add kadboli flour and cover pan with lid.
- Open the pan after few minutes and knead the dough.
- Make small balls and start rolling them into long strips.
- Then coil the strips and secure ends to ensure that they don't open while deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, add kadboli to it.